Spicy Mango Chicken Medley
Try this low-sodium heart-healthy chicken stir-fry!
Author: Vicki Doe Fitness-Isaac Floyd
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Mediterranean diet
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 Tbsp Ms. DASH- Garlic Herb Blend and/or extra spicy blend
- 1½ tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil + 1 tsp olive oil
- Season to taste with Ms. DASH original blend, garlic herb blend or extra spicy
- Dr. LaShale's spicy mango salsa- (optional)
- Marinate chicken strips in apple cider vinegar, Ms. DASH and cumin seasonings in a large freezer bag for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Sauté sliced peppers and broccoli in lightly oiled- about 1 tsp of olive oil in skillet until tender but still crisp. Add a bit of water as needed to prevent peppers from burning. Set crisped vegetables aside.
- Add chicken and onions to the same pan with 1 tsp olive oil, cook until chicken strips are no longer pink and juice runs clear.
- Toss the chicken, peppers, broccoli in a pan over low heat until hot.
- Top with sliced green onions for a flavor boost and decadent presentation.
- Seasoned to taste with Ms. DASH original blend
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- (optional) Toss a spoonful of Dr. LaShale's spicy mango salsa or cold spicy mango salsa on top
Nutrition information is based on amount per serving
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 230 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 24g Sugar: 0 Sodium: 7mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 36g