Runners (High Carb/Protein) Caesar Salad
Recipe Type: salad
For all of you runners, Replenish your nutrition needs with this high carb/protein healthy Caesar salad.. Enjoy!
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of fresh asparagus, cooked & cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup high-fiber, whole grain, or whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1-2 chicken breasts, grilled & sliced
- 1 hardboiled egg white (remove yolk and slice, if desired)
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
- In medium sized bowl,
- Mix all salad ingredients, except chicken and parmesan. Set aside
- In second small bowl,
- Mix dressing (see our Low-fat Caesar Salad Dressing recipe) ingredients with whisk until combined, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste
- Starting with 1/4 c, drizzle dressing over salad, using tongs to toss until evenly coated, adding more dressing as necessary. (You may not need all of the dressing, depending on your own taste)
- Divide salad into two servings. Top with chicken and sliced egg white (if desired), and sprinkle of parmesan.
- Salad can be served warm or chilled. Enjoy!
See our Low-fat Caesar Salad Dressing recipe[br][br]* photo- Erica Sanders