Cilantro Lime Spicy Brown Rice
Add this spicy brown rice to your favorite dish. Enjoy!
Author: Vicki Doe Fitness-Isaac Floyd
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: heart healthy
- • 1 cup of uncooked brown rice
- • 2 cups of water
- • 1 tbsp. olive oil
- • ½ chopped red onion
- • 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- • ½ tsp black pepper
- • ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional for a little kick)
- • ½ cup cilantro
- • Juice of ½ lime
- Bring rice and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes (until desired texture)
- While rice cooks, heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Sautee onion, garlic, pepper (and optional cayenne pepper) on medium heat until red onions are a pale pink color
- Remove both the skillet and pot from heat.
- Add cooked rice to skillet and mix well.
- Add cilantro and lime juice, mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition Info. is based on amount per serving
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 150 Fat: 4.3g Saturated fat: 0.7g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 0 Sodium: 7 mg Protein: 3g